From South Eastern Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group:
You may have heard of the Healthy New Town plans for Whitehill and Bordon. A key part of this will be a health campus which will see health and care services coming together in a central location in the new town.
In recent years we have been talking to people in the Whitehill and Bordon community about local healthcare services and have been consistently told that you would like:
- Care that is joined up with services working together
- Care that is provided closer to home where possible
- NHS services to work far more closely with partners including social care and the voluntary sector.
We are now starting to plan the health campus but we don’t want to do this on our own. We would like to do this in partnership with you – and people who work with you.
We would like to bring together a group of local people, health and social care professionals and voluntary/community organisations, to start designing the health campus. To do this, we will hold two half-day workshops where the group will:
- Half-day one – look at what local people and community want health and social care to help them to achieve, what types of services would be needed to do this and where they need to be
- Half-day two – look at the buildings needed to run these services both from when the health campus is built and in the future.
The half-day workshops will be held on Tuesday, December 6 in the morning and Tuesday, December 13 in the afternoon. Anyone who would like to be involved would ideally need to attend both workshops.
If you would like to be part of work or would like to find out more please contact Elizabeth Kerwood on 023 9221 2410 or by email.