We aim to achieve a net increase in wildlife biodiversity and to safeguard protected sites.
We will provide natural “green” spaces and routes throughout the town for people and wildlife.
How we will achieve it
- By raising awareness of the town’s important natural features and important wildlife
- Working with organisations that own and manage land within and surrounding the town to share resources, collaborate on conservation initiatives and promote the idea of responsible recreation
- By bringing around 200 hectares of natural greenspace into active management for wildlife to thrive in and people to enjoy
- Ensure new and existing buildings are designed to incorporate features that benefit biodiversity, such as green roofs and bird boxes
- By providing a range and scale of greenspaces that work together, forming a comprehensive green infrastructure network with the ‘green loop’ and ‘green grid’ at its heart