Groups and networks
There are a number active and influential business groups operating in the area. These provide not only networking opportunities with like minded businesses but routes to new markets, information on support programmes and development training, but a forum to raise and address businesses issues.
- Enterprise M3 – Enterprise M3 drives ecomic growth by showcasing success, highlighting opportunities and inspiring thinking.
- Business South – Business South is an independent and influential organisation, connecting leading employers to promote the place & Champion the economy in our region.
- Hampshire Ambassadors – The Hampshire Ambassadors scheme is run by Hampshire County Council and aims to stimulate investment and encourage business development in the county.
- Business East Hants – Business EastHants was established in November 2009 as an active approach to help mitigate the impact of the economic down turn and prepare local businesses for recovery.
- Southern Entrepreneurs – Southern Entrepreneurs is a non-profit making business support service based in Hampshire. Offering Training, Networking, Events & Entrepreneurship.
- Whitehill & Bordon Town Partnership – The aims of the partnership is to develop Whitehill and Bordon into a thriving, active community, offering facilities in keeping with the size of the population.
Grants and finance
The Council offers a range of grants and financial support
- Apprenticeships – You could get a grant or funding to employ an apprentice if you’re in England.
- Business rates relief – If your business only uses part of a property, you may be able to get a discount. If you are a charity or not-for-profit organisation, you can usually qualify for a discount of 80% on your business rates.
Enterprise M3 also offers access to funding through a number of programmes such as;
- Local Growth Deal – The aim of the Local Growth Deal is to maximise the economic and social impacts of the investments and interventions for the benefit of the businesses and communities of the Enterprise M3 area.
- Finance South East – The Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnership has committed £5.5 million of capital to create a new funding escalator comprising a loan scheme and an equity fund managed by The FSE Group.