Groups and networks
There are a number active and influential business groups operating in the area. These provide not only networking opportunities with like minded businesses but routes to new markets, information on support programmes and development training, but a forum to raise and address businesses issues.
- Enterprise M3 (external link) – Enterprise M3 drives ecomic growth by showcasing success, highlighting opportunities and inspiring thinking.
- Business South (external link) – Business South is an independent and influential organisation, connecting leading employers to promote the place & Champion the economy in our region.
- Hampshire Ambassadors (external link) – The Hampshire Ambassadors scheme is run by Hampshire County Council and aims to stimulate investment and encourage business development in the county.
- Business East Hants (external link) – Business EastHants was established in November 2009 as an active approach to help mitigate the impact of the economic down turn and prepare local businesses for recovery.
- Southern Entrepreneurs (external link) – Southern Entrepreneurs is a non-profit making business support service based in Hampshire. Offering Training, Networking, Events & Entrepreneurship.
- Whitehill & Bordon Town Partnership (external link) – The aims of the partnership is to develop Whitehill and Bordon into a thriving, active community, offering facilities in keeping with the size of the population.
Grants and finance
The Council offers a range of grants and financial support
- Apprenticeships (external link) – You could get a grant or funding to employ an apprentice if you’re in England.
- Start-up grants (external link) – The start-up incentive grants scheme offers £500 grants to new businesses in the East Hampshire District Council area.
- Business rates relief (external link) – If your business only uses part of a property, you may be able to get a discount. If you are a charity or not-for-profit organisation, you can usually qualify for a discount of 80% on your business rates.
Enterprise M3 also offers access to funding through a number of programmes such as;
- Local Growth Deal (external link) – The aim of the Local Growth Deal is to maximise the economic and social impacts of the investments and interventions for the benefit of the businesses and communities of the Enterprise M3 area.
- Finance South East (external link) – The Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnership has committed £5.5 million of capital to create a new funding escalator comprising a loan scheme and an equity fund managed by The FSE Group.